Many of us have not been able to register as new voters in time. They do not even know what the rules are for getting a new voter ID card and what are the necessary documents for becoming a new voter. Although the rules for getting a new voter ID card are very simple, many people suffer due to not being able to apply correctly. In this article, I will try to give you all the correct information about how to become a new voter, what are the requirements for becoming a new voter, how long it takes to become a new voter, how to get your NID number after becoming a new voter, and how to view or download your new NID card online.
New voter registration requirements
There are some requirements to apply for a new national ID card. To fill out the application form, you must be eligible to apply for voter registration.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- You must be a citizen of Bangladesh.
- You must not have registered for NID before.
In other words, to apply for new voter registration, you must be a Bangladeshi citizen and you must not have had a national ID card before you turned 16 years old.
What documents are required to get a new NID card?
To apply for a new ID card, you will need to provide some documents. The list of documents required to become a new voter is as follows:
- PSC, JSC, SSC, HSC or equivalent certificate
- Online birth registration certificate
- Copies of the ID cards of your parents
- Copy of your spouse’s ID card (if married)
- Passport or driver’s license (if you do not have a board examination certificate)
- Copy of utility bill
- Citizenship certificate (Chairman’s certificate)
In some cases, you may be required to submit a declaration to become a new voter. If you do not have any of the board examination certificates, passports, or driver’s licenses, you may need to submit additional documents.
How to Apply for a New Voter Online
To apply for a new voter online, you will need to register an account on the NID Application System website with your name, date of birth, and phone number. You will then need to fill out the application form with the required information and submit the application.
Step 1: Account Registration
(1) The first step in applying for a voter online is to register an account on the services.nidw.gov.bd website. After clicking the link, you will show a page like this:
(2) To go directly to the application page, click the “আবেদন করুন” button. Then you will show a page like this:
(3) Fill out the application form with your name, date of birth, and CAPTCHA, and click on the “বহাল” button. Then you will show a page like this:
(4) Your account will be verified by providing a valid phone number. In the future, various updates on your national ID card or voter ID card will be sent to your mobile number via SMS.
Now, in the mobile number verification step, you will be asked to enter a Bangladesh mobile number. When you enter the number and click on the “বার্তা পাঠান” button. Then you will show a page like this:
(5) A 6-digit OTP will be sent to the desired mobile number. If you do not receive the OTP on your phone the first time, you can request another code by clicking on the “পুনরায় পাঠান” button. Sometimes, messages may be delayed due to network problems or server errors.
When the 6-digit verification code arrives, enter it in the OTP field and click on the “বহাল” button. After submitting the correct OTP, you will be taken to a new page like this:
(6) To log in to your account in the future, you will need to set a username and password. Make sure that the username is unique. You will need to use this username and password to log in to your account in the future to download and update your ID card.
The username must be at least 8 characters long. You can use numbers in addition to English letters to make your username unique. If “Username Already Exists” is displayed, try to change your username to make it unique.
Note: Keep your username and password somewhere safe. You will need to use this username and password to download your ID card in the future.
Now, Fulfilling the information, click on the “বহাল” button.
Step 2: Personal Information
(1) After submitting the valid Username and Password, you will be taken to a new page like this:
(2) Now click on the “বিস্তারিত প্রোফাইল” button. Then you will show a page like this:
(3) To submit your personal information to the NID Server, you must first click on the “এডিট” button. Initially, the fields will not be editable. When you click on “এডিট”, all the fields will be ready to accept input. Then you will see a page like the one below, where you will need to enter your personal information, other information, and address.
(4) Now, scroll down and enter all your information, including your father and mother’s name and national identification number. You do not need to provide information about your older siblings. After that, you must provide information about your husband/wife, including your marital status, and the name of your husband or wife according to their national ID card. Then click on the “ব্যক্তিগত তথ্য” option.
Step 3: Others Information
(1) After clicking on the “ব্যক্তিগত তথ্য” option, will show a page like this:
(2) Now Click on the “অন্যান্য তথ্য” option. Then you will show a page like this:
(3) Here, scroll down and select your educational qualifications, profession, and religion. You can provide other information, if possible. But it is not mandatory. Then again click on the “অন্যান্য তথ্য” option.
Step 4: Address
(1) After clicking on the “অন্যান্য তথ্য” option, will show a page like this:
(2) Now Click on the “ঠিকানা” option. Then you will show a page like this:
(3) If you are currently in Bangladesh, select Bangladesh here. Then, check the box next to the “ভোটার ঠিকানা” to the address where you want to vote, whether it is your current or permanent address. You can also apply for a new voter from abroad. However, the Election Commission has not yet started this process in all countries. Fill out this form with all the necessary information according to your permanent address. After you have filled out all the information, please check the voter information carefully. If all the information is correct, please click on the “পরবর্তী” button.
You do not need to upload any documents online to apply for a new voter. You will need to submit all the required documents to the Election Commission office. Therefore, I will skip this step and move on to the next step.
Step 5: Application Submit
(1) After clicking the “পরবর্তী” button, you will show a page like this:
(2) To submit your application, you must click on the “সাবমিট” button. You must confirm your complete application and submit it in this step. If you think you have made a mistake, you can go back to the previous step by clicking on the “পেছনে” button. Please submit your application again with your correct information.
Step 6: Download Application Copy
(1) After clicking the “সাবমিট” button, you will show a page like this:
(2) Click on the “ডাউনলোড” button to download the application.
You must print this application copy and submit it to your local Election Commission office along with the required documents. At the Upazilla Election Office, you must submit this voter application copy and all the documents required to make a new ID card.
Step 7: Provide Biometric Information
After submitting your application, it will be verified by the Upazilla or District Election Office. If everything is correct, you will be called to provide your biometric information.
After your application is verified, you will be called to provide your photo and fingerprint (Biometric Information). Your application will be approved 10 to 15 days after the photo is taken. You will then be able to download your NID card online. Here is the process for NID Card Download. You can follow the process going to the link to Download your NID Card from online.
Yes, you can apply for NID online. Click this link to apply.
If you need to edit or correct any details after submitting your application, you can do so by logging in to the online application portal, selecting “Update Application,” and then selecting the “New Update” tab.
If you have an old NID card and want to get a smart card, the process is very straightforward. Simply contact your nearest Election Commission office, and they will take care of everything for you. So, if you want a smart card, don’t delay.
Yes, you can download your NID Card from online. Click this link to download your NID Card.
New NID Application process is not so hard. It can be done from the comfort of your own home. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can Apply for a New NID Card in just a few minutes. This can be a great convenience for many purposes, such as applying for jobs, opening bank accounts, or even just showing your ID to law enforcement. So, if you are eligible for a new NID card, I encourage you to apply online today! You can also Dowonload your NID Card from here.