E-Passports are the latest generation of passports that use electronic chips to store personal information. E-Passports are more secure than traditional passports, as they are difficult to counterfeit. Renewing your ePassport online is a quick and easy process. In this article, we will walk you through the steps on how to renew your ePassport online. We will also provide some tips on how to track your application and what to do if there are any problems.
Required documents to renew e-Passport
- Copy of national identity card
- Copy of birth registration (if age is 19 or less);
- Print copy of application summary;
- Print copy of registration form or application form;
- A challan/money order/bank certified check
- Print copy of previous passport and data page (if any)
- GO/NOC for government employees (if any)
- Required documents in case of information correction (if applicable)
E-Passport renewal fee
The most important issue in the rules for renewing a passport is how much money. This is where many people face problems. There are many touts in the passport office. They cheat people by taking extra money from the required amount. If you have an idea about this fee, you can renew it yourself with the correct fee.
|48-page passport fee for 5 years||4025 Tk|
|64-page passport fee for 5 years||6325 Tk|
|48-page passport fee for 10 years||5750 Tk|
|64-page passport fee for 10 years||8050 Tk|
How to renew your e-passport online
To renew an e-passport, you must follow the same procedures as applying for a new e-passport. To learn how to apply for a new e-passport, visit this link: E‑Passport Online Registration
In this case, you will only need to select the option “Previous MRP Passport” from the “ID Documents” option and provide detailed information.
Follow the steps below from the options shown in the image:
After coming to the ID Documents option, select the option “Yes, I have a Machine Readable Passport (MRP)”
What is the reason for your passport request? Click on the arrow sign here and select the reason for renewing your passport.
Choose any of your reason from the following reasons:
Enter the passport number, such as (EG45682354)
- Enter the date of issue and the date of expiration of the passport. (You will find the dates on the passport’s photo page)
- Then, complete the remaining steps as you would for a regular e-passport application and submit the application.
You will need to provide information about your parents, spouse, type of passport, and delivery method to complete the application. If there is any difficulty in filling the passport renewal form or if you have any questions, please comment below the post.
Click the button below to know how to check ePassport application status:
Instructions for submitting E-passport renewal form
- After applying for passport renewal online, print a copy of the application on A4 size paper on both sides.
- Pay the passport renewal fee.
- You will need to attach photocopies of your required documents.
- In case of re-issue of passport, original passport must be shown.
- In case of lost passport, a copy of the original GD must be shown/submitted.
- If your passport is lost or stolen, you must immediately file a GD (General Diary) at the nearest police station. The application must be submitted along with a photocopy of the old passport and a copy of the GD.
In Bangladesh, the regular or normal delivery of a passport renewal takes 15 to 20 days. However, the time can be reduced to 3 to 7 days for urgent delivery.
The old passport has to be renewed in the same way as applying for a new e-passport. However, in the case of renewal, the information of the old passport must be noted exactly.
A passport expiration date tells you the date your passport is no longer valid. Once your passport runs out of date, you cannot use it as valid identification.
Through “ekpay”(Payment option: VISA, Master Card, American Express, bKash, Nagad, Rocket, Upay, Dmoney, OK Wallet, Bank Asia, Brack Bank, EBL, City Bank, UCB, AB Bank, DBBL, Midland Bank, MBL Rainbow)
Yes, you can renew your passport from Dhaka. There are two ways: Online & In person.
Renewing your epassport online is a quick and easy process. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily renew your passport from the comfort of your own home. Make sure you have all of the required documents before you start your application. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always contact the Bangladesh Passport Office for assistance.